Ahead of iPhone 12 release, rumors swirl around 2021’s iPhone 13 specs
- Apple’s 2021 iPhones may come in similar size options as this year’s iPhone 12, according to analyst Ross Young.
- The findings shared by Young also suggest that Apple’s ProMotion technology will be available on the iPhone 13 Pro.
- Previous reports have suggested this feature would debut on the iPhone 12.
- It’s not the first time we’ve heard predictions about the iPhone 13; analyst Ming-Chi Kuo previously said Apple’s 2021 iPhones could be the first completely wireless models with no ports.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Apple’s anticipated iPhone 12 lineup is expected to arrive this month, but some analysts are already looking ahead to what the tech giant may have planned for next year.
The latest predictions were shared by Ross Young, founder and CEO of Display Supply Chain Consultants, a research firm specializing in data related to display-based products.
Young recently posted some predictions on Twitter about what to expect from the iPhone 13’s display size and camera as well as details surrounding the next iPhone SE. The information is based on research from investment banking firm Mizuho Securities, and some of the details fall in line with findings from Display Supply Chain Consultants, Young wrote.
Apple did not immediately respond to Business Insider’s request for comment.
The findings suggest that Apple’s 2021 iPhones could maintain the same display size as the upcoming iPhone 12. Young’s tweet said the iPhone 13 may come in 5.42-inch and 6.06-inch variants, while the larger iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max might be available in 6.06-inch and 6.67-inch sizes.
—Ross Young (@DSCCRoss) October 2, 2020
That’s very similar to the rumors and reports that have emerged about the iPhone 12. Apple’s 2020 iPhone lineup is expected to include a 5.4-inch and 6.1-inch iPhone 12, a 6.1-inch iPhone 12