VIDEO: Trump’s former campaign manager Brad Parscale tackled by police
- The Fort Lauderdale police department released body camera footage showing former Trump campaign manager, Brad Parscale, being tackled and arrested outside his home on Sunday evening.
- His wife, Candice Parscale, told the police that Brad loaded a firearm and threatened to hurt himself.
- The video shows Parscale being tackled by officers after he eventually emerged from his home, shirtless and holding a beer.
- Responding officers, who observed bruises on Candice’s face and body, seized 10 firearms from the couple’s home, according to a police report obtained by Business Insider.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Fort Lauderdale police on Monday released body camera footage showing President Donald Trump’s former campaign manager, Brad Parscale, being tackled and arrested outside his home on Sunday.
His wife, Candice Parscale, called the police on Sunday, saying her husband had loaded a firearm and threatened to hurt himself, according to a police report obtained by Business Insider.
After a prolonged standoff, Brad was taken into custody and hospitalized under Florida’s Baker Act, which allows individuals to be involuntarily hospitalized if they’re believed to pose a threat to themselves or others.
The three-minute video shows Candice standing outside the couple’s house in a bathing suit and wrapped in a towel, telling Officer Timothy Skaggs that she fled the house in fear and later heard what sounded like a gunshot come from inside the home.
“He’s acting crazy, so I went outside to the backyard and let him just chill out,” she said in the video. “And he was just going irate. And he came out of his office, cocked a gun, went back and I was like, ‘OK, this is f—ed up,’ and so I went to the front yard.”
Skaggs spoke with Brad on the phone, urging him to “come outside with no weapons,”