By definition, podcasting music describes a technology platform which allows you to distribute your audio music files via the Really Simple Syndication (RSS) format. Since this technology has become very popular among the global youthful generation, it can provide you with an inimitable opportunity to expose your music. So, as an upcoming artiste, what are the benefits that you get when you podcast your music? Learn here:
* It Provides You With A Chance To Build A Community: One of the vital steps of gaining recognition in the music industry is to develop a community. Podcasting your music and consistent communication with audience in your community can help you strengthen and expand your fan base in your community and beyond.
* Opportunity to Get Gigs: Gigs are very important to any artist. Podcasting music is one of the proven ways to get entertainment joints to listen to your music and to gauge your music genre against their targeted demographics. Therefore, podcasting is a vital marketing tool that will go a long way in finding you more bookings for your music in night clubs and other entertainment joints.
* It Provides a Powerful Distribution Channel: As aforementioned, without the backing of a reputable recording label, it can be very challenging to get an air play on your local radio stations. Podcasting music provides a very powerful distribution medium that can greatly increase your exposure as an artist.
* It Provides A Platform To Sell Your CDs: Podcasting music can also help you sell your music CDs. Sharing your sample audio files or single songs freely as a podcast can also encourage your fans to purchase CDs that contain your additional songs. This can significantly increase your general music sales and publicity.
* Promotional Opportunities: Podcasting music is also known for its ability to provide cross promotional opportunities. You can use podcasts to exchange promotional adverts with other artists who are of a similar music genre. This can significantly increase your fan base. Additionally, podcasting can be used as a stage to announce your new albums, songs, interviews and other promotional information that you want to reach your fans.
* Catching the Interest of Your Fans: Through podcasting your music, you can attract more fans, especially if you can feature music samples in your podcasts. Your loyal listeners will share the music samples with their close associates. Consequently, your music popularity will increase.
In a nutshell, podcasting music provides a very versatile opportunity to music artists. With this unique technology, you don't have run after a recording label for your music to get noticed or to hassle for opportunities to play in a local night club to increase your fan base. Podcasting your music provides you with a convenient distribution channel.